Among America's top network consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of critical business applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details concerning our work opportunities, company culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven expertise and hands-on experience in important IT areas beyond Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Group includes contractors who can provide advice and programming support for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants qualified by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn additional details about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business model that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information about how Progent is unique by referring to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office network frees you to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see answers to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of our present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key components of service propositions which associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on our staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and following a competitive value-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will market your skills, but you should have basic credentials for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support expertise for small businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field background in key technologies outside of our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations in Northern California, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to be able scope out jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from other network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however we are building a quickly growing team of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a crucial piece for enabling a company's growth, and we apply this belief in our own system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.