Among America's top network consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts qualified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a wide range of critical software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for finding clients, delivering support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for delivering online network expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; system consultants with CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM certified security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details about staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and field experience in high-demand IT areas outside our main service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance consultants qualified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To find out more details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business model that offers quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more details about reasons Progent is different by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model provides advanced technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more details about Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement propositions which tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong results-focused fee model, We have managed to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- Database support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout Northern California, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You should have a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active client base to which you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having a long work-related history and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to know how scope out projects, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout Northern California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a crucial factor for enabling a company's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private maturity from being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.