One of the top network consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of vital business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out more details concerning Progent's job openings, business philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven knowledge and working background in high-demand IT topics outside our main service focus. Our Experts Group employs contractors who offer advice and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To learn more details about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business model that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about ways that we are exceptional by visiting Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to solve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office network allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to popular questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement propositions that tie Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can join our staff of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong results-based fee model, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have verifiable credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers expect certifications. We will market your talents, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong staff and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you need to be able scope out tasks, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from most network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located across California, but we are building a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal growth from being a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.