One of America's premiere network consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants qualified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide range of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish an international presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and strong people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details about Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA certified security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and field experience in high-demand information technology areas outside our main service focus. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors qualified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. In order to learn more details concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work structure that offers life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information about ways that Progent is unique by going to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment provides sophisticated technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office model enables you to focus on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common questions about being a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent FAQs.
This is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting proposals which align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any position listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on Progent's team of desktop support specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, We are looking for experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client care, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, We have been able to expand our client list dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers will enhance your knowledge through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must have basic credentials for Progent to market. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting services for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented staff and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in important areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent client care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base to whom you now deliver continuing support services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You must know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how scope out jobs, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom software tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from other network support firms is the high quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting work can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of consulting professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you donít offer excellent people skills or like working with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's growth, and we apply this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and private maturity from being part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.