Among America's premiere network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented service professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a broad variety of key business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing support, creating an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to be among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online network assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn more information concerning our work opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity experts who have CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA accredited security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth expertise and field experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors qualified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. In order to find out more information concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details about how Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to resolve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office setting allows consultants to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of some present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement propositions that associate Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Work with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive value-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer base dramatically while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that have recognized certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect credentials. We can promote your skills, but you must have basic credentials for Progent to work with. In case you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful network support expertise for businesses in Northern California and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully qualified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites in Northern California, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You should have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base for whom you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you need to know how evaluate projects, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, running specialized software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but we are building a rapidly growing team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t have strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling a company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private growth by acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.