One of the premiere computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a wide range of critical business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn more information concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer advice and programming support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, go to Contract Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible work model that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more information concerning ways that we are exceptional by going to How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technologies that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office structure allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For replies to popular questions about being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of our available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service proposals which align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to join our staff of help desk support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client services, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
For a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills through interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that have recognized credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers expect credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you are adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer support expertise for small businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a talented staff and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration teams will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites throughout Northern California, plus data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base to which you now provide ongoing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and know how to work effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how analyze tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from other consulting firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you donít offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.