Among America's top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a wide variety of critical software areas and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring clients, providing support, creating a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online network expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details concerning our job opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network experts with CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with proven expertise and working background in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group hires contractors who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out more information concerning contract work with our Experts Team, visit Contract Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details about reasons we are exceptional by going to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model uses advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to deal with challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key components of service proposals which align Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any job shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class client care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your skills through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can market your skills, but you need to have basic certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided low-cost and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly qualified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- Database management and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active client base for which you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you must be able scope out tasks, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using custom application utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from most network support firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout Northern California, but we are building a quickly expanding team of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we follow this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.