One of the premiere computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of key software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding clients, providing support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online network expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details about Progent's job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network experts with CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP accredited security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and field experience in important IT areas beyond our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more information concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible work structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure frees consultants to focus on providing service instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more about our compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
For replies to frequent questions concerning being employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key components of service proposals which align Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any job shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to work on Progent's team of help desk service technicians and off-site support experts. In addition, We are looking for talented managers able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client care, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, Progent has managed to increase our customer list dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills through cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect certifications. We can broadcast your skills, but you must provide standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer support services for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key technologies beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you now provide continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you should know how scope out projects, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across Northern California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's success, and we apply this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.