Among America's top IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide variety of key software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, creating an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information about our job openings, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM accredited security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology topics beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who can provide consulting and development services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contracting work with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business model that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network uses sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to resolve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office network allows you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information about our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent FAQs.
This is a description of our available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of engagement proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's team of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are looking for experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a strong results-focused pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in Northern California and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and computer support to small companies will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who have verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in key areas outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active client base for which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant record and strong references, and possess current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how evaluate tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized application utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout Northern California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit program to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for enabling any firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal growth by acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and freedom.