Among America's top network consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a wide range of key software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international organization for providing online network assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Information About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details about Progent's work openings, company culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; system consultants with CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven expertise and working background in crucial information technology areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors qualified by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. In order to find out more details about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent business model that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning reasons we are different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network provides state-of-the-art technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office network frees you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants build successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of service proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and computer support to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show verifiable certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can promote your skills, but you need to have basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have offered low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key areas outside of Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, value-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized software utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from most consulting firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the job properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support work can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding group of network professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a crucial piece for accelerating any company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and personal maturity from being part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.