One of America's top network consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of critical business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details concerning Progent's job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and field background in high-demand IT areas outside our primary service focus. Our Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer advice and development services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. In order to learn additional information concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details about how Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technologies that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to allow you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps you build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details about our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money through hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus many other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of our current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions which align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and following a strong results-based pricing model, We have managed to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will promote your talents, but you must provide standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support services for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout Northern California, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have an active client base to whom you now provide continuing support activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and be able to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to explain realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates us from ordinary consulting firms is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, but we are building a quickly growing group of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network can be a pivotal piece for enabling a company's growth, and we follow this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth by being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.