One of America's premiere computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts qualified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide range of critical business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online network support. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details about Progent's job openings, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security professionals. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have specialized knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology topics beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent consultants qualified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. If you want to find out more details concerning contracting work with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent business model that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information about reasons Progent is unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network incorporates advanced technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office network enables you to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant income by persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of some available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service propositions that tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco certification; security professionals with CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to join Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client services, and offering a competitive value-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support expertise for companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important areas outside of our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- Database management and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites in Northern California, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You should be able to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must know how evaluate projects, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from ordinary network support companies is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the job properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.