Among America's premiere IT consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants qualified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a wide variety of key business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering support, creating an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts with CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and working experience in important IT areas beyond our primary technical focus. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional information about freelance work with our Experts Team, go to Contract Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work model that offers quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network utilizes advanced technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve challenging network issues. Our virtual office environment enables you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions that tie Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any opening listed above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to join our team of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee model, We have managed to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and computer support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will market your skills, but you should provide standard certifications for us to work with. If you are strongly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer engineers have offered affordable and effective network support services for companies in Northern California and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important technologies outside of our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites in Northern California, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You must show a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to which you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you should know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized software tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting firms is the excellence of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income with regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's support services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.