Among the premiere IT consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants qualified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of key business applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for finding customers, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details about Progent's job openings, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; system experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized knowledge and field experience in important information technology topics beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants qualified by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To learn more details concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that offers quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more information concerning ways that we are unique by referring to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes advanced technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Our virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals that tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can join Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, We have managed to increase our client base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills through cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that have recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can promote your skills, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer support services for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal design and deployment
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active client base for whom you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You must be able to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able evaluate tasks, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from other network support companies is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose income with regular commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network can be a crucial factor for enabling any company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity by being part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.