One of the top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide variety of vital business areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international organization for delivering online network expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE network engineers; system consultants who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth expertise and field experience in crucial information technology topics outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team employs contractors who can provide advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn more information concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that offers life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details concerning reasons we are different by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to popular enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions that align our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any opening listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco certification; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can join Progent's team of desktop support technicians and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong value-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous companies in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you should provide basic certifications for us to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful computer support services for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key areas outside of our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites throughout Northern California, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base for which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent people skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to communicate proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you must know how evaluate projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from most consulting firms is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout Northern California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal growth by acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.