Among the top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a broad range of critical business applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to be one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client success and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information about our job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and working background in high-demand information technology topics beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contracting work with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work structure that offers life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more information about how Progent is exceptional by visiting How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office structure frees consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For replies to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of service proposals that align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any position shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to join our staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class client services, and offering a strong value-based fee model, We have been able to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants who can show verifiable certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. We can promote your talents, but you must have standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer support expertise for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key areas outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- Database support and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites in Northern California, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active client base for which you now provide continuing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to communicate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our business models for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do remote support only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing team of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private maturity by being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.