One of America's premiere IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of critical business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative models for finding clients, providing support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed us to be among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote IT support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information about Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; system experts who have CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and field experience in important IT areas beyond Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To find out more details about freelance work with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the top professional experts by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent work structure that accommodates life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information about ways that Progent is different by referring to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to frequent questions about being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of some available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of consulting propositions which associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any opening shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to work on our staff of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you need to provide basic credentials for us to market. In case you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer support services for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important technologies beyond our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations throughout Northern California, plus data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base to whom you now deliver continuing support services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, using proprietary software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support companies is the quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our support work can be done remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling a company's success, and we apply this credo in our corporate system environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience career and private growth by being a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.