One of America's premiere IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of key business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for finding clients, providing support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build an international presence for providing remote network expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or network consultant with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about our work openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; network experts with Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information about full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with proven expertise and hands-on background in important information technology topics beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Group includes contractors who offer consulting and programming support for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information concerning how Progent is unique by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see answers to frequent questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service proposals that align Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and following a competitive value-focused fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers expect certifications. We can market your skills, but you must provide basic credentials for us to market. If you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support expertise for companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- Database management and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for whom you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized application utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that separates Progent from typical network support companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is located across Northern California, however we are building a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling a company's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth by acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.