Among the top IT consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants qualified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a wide range of key business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a focus on a client service and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out more information about Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven knowledge and working background in high-demand IT topics beyond our primary technical focus. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors qualified by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To learn more information concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, go to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the best professional experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information about reasons Progent is different by visiting Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office setting enables you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps you establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
For answers to popular enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of our present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any job shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to join Progent's staff of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring experienced managers who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a strong results-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas outside of our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly qualified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive client care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and know how to work effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able evaluate projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom application tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from other consulting firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to client needs through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, but we are attracting a quickly growing team of network experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth by acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.