One of America's top network consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad range of vital software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for attracting customers, providing support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote IT assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out more details concerning our job openings, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; system experts who have CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISA accredited security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in important information technology areas outside our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about reasons we are different by referring to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network provides state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance plus many other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to popular enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions which tie Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join Progent's team of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking talented managers who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class client care, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, We have managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional support to numerous companies in Northern California and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can expand your skills via interaction with our group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that have recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will market your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for us to work with. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support services for companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, value-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You should be able to communicate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from other network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout Northern California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and we apply this credo in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and personal growth from being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.