Among America's top network consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of key business applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative models for finding clients, delivering service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information about our job openings, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with specialized knowledge and working experience in important information technology areas outside our primary service concentration. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants qualified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information about ways that we are exceptional by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office model frees consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more information about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can join our team of helpdesk support technicians and remote support experts. In addition, We are seeking experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and following a strong results-focused fee model, We have been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will market your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have provided affordable and effective network support expertise for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important technologies beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in Northern California, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out jobs, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your own time table, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is located across Northern California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for accelerating a company's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.