One of the top computer consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad range of critical software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting clients, providing service, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent people skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information concerning our work opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts with Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details about full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with specialized knowledge and working experience in important information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes contractors who offer consulting and programming support for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to find out more information about freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to attract the best consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to client success, use of advanced technology, plus an independent work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details concerning reasons Progent is unique by visiting How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model provides advanced technologies that support off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to focus on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant income through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting proposals which tie Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any opening shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on our team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, We have managed to increase our client list rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills through interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small organizations will give you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show recognized credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you must have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. If you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for small businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field background in key areas beyond Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations in Northern California, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently provide continuing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and know how to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to know how analyze jobs, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, using specialized application utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from other network support companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the work properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do remote support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current consultant availability is published to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located across Northern California, however we are building a rapidly growing team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system is a crucial factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private growth from being a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.