Among America's top network consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented service professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a wide range of vital business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information about our job opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system experts with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information about full-time consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with proven knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology areas beyond our primary technical focus. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer advice and development services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance consultants qualified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to find out additional information concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the top professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work model that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning how Progent is exceptional by going to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps you establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions that tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any opening listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on our team of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and following a competitive value-based fee model, We have been able to expand our client list dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can enhance your skills via interaction with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on providing network expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have recognized certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. We can market your talents, but you must provide basic credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key areas outside of our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- Database support and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You must be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from ordinary network support firms is the quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout Northern California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a crucial factor for enabling a firm's growth, and we apply this belief in our own network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private maturity by being part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.