Among the premiere IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a broad range of key business areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and working background in crucial IT topics beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. To find out more details about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more details about ways that Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office structure enables you to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details about our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of our available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of engagement propositions that tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any job listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified system engineers with CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's team of desktop service specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client services, and following a competitive results-based fee structure, We have managed to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants that can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will promote your skills, but you should have standard credentials for us to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have provided affordable and effective network support expertise for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas beyond our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from most network support firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with regular commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current engineer availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located across California, but we are building a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.