One of the top network consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide variety of key business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for acquiring customers, delivering support, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to become among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details about our work openings, company culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in crucial IT topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide advice and programming support for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To learn more information about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Jobs at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work structure that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technologies that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office model allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information about our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus many other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see answers to frequent enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of our current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement propositions which align Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's staff of desktop support specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive client services, and offering a strong value-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants who have verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you need to have basic certifications for Progent to work with. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important areas beyond Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base to which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long work-related record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how scope out jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consultant by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, using custom software utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from typical consulting firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is located across
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'
Subscript out of range: 'RndRange(...)'
/header-subr.asp, line 2227