Among America's top network consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide range of vital software applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database development, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation have enabled us to be among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details about Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; system experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA certified security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and working experience in important IT topics beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to learn more information about contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more information concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment provides sophisticated technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office model frees you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service propositions which align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any opening shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details About Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco certification; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a competitive value-based fee model, We have managed to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers expect certifications. We can broadcast your talents, but you should provide standard credentials for us to market. If you are strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting services for businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Group to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in Northern California, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able analyze projects, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized application tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from other consulting companies is the quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located across California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity by acting as part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.