One of the top network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a wide range of vital business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish an international presence for delivering remote IT support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details concerning our job openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with proven knowledge and field experience in important IT topics beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance consultants qualified by us coordinate with our full-time professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn more details about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more details concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technologies that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office network allows consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting traffic and helps you build successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of service proposals that associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any opening listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's team of desktop support technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our client base dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and computer support to small organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants that can show recognized credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you must have standard credentials for us to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for companies in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important technologies outside of our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout Northern California, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You must show a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have an active client base to whom you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you need to be able analyze jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support firms is the quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's support work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer availability is published to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across Northern California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our own network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.