One of America's top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a broad range of critical business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish an international organization for providing remote network assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning our work openings, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven expertise and working experience in important information technology topics outside our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and development support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out more details about how Progent is different by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of service proposals that associate our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to join Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and remote support experts. In addition, We are seeking experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have been able to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills through interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have recognized certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will market your skills, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented staff and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in key technologies outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout Northern California, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to be able scope out jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, using proprietary software tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you donít offer strong people skills or like working with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network is a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.