Among the premiere IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts qualified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of key business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting customers, providing support, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish an international presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details concerning our work opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information about staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven expertise and working experience in high-demand IT topics outside our main service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who offer advice and development services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. In order to find out more details concerning contract jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to solve challenging network issues. Our virtual office network enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on what you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable income by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key components of service proposals that tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and following a strong value-focused pricing structure, We have managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants that have verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must have a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support expertise for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations in Northern California, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You should show a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active client base for whom you now provide ongoing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having a long work-related history and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You should know how to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able scope out jobs, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running specialized software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting companies is the quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support services can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout Northern California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a crucial factor for enabling any company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.