One of America's top network consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified service experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a wide range of key business applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting customers, providing support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build an international organization for delivering remote network assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details about Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts with Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven expertise and field background in high-demand IT areas beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To learn more details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Opportunities with Progent.
How We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the top professional talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus an independent work model that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details about reasons we are different by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model provides advanced technologies that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to handle challenging network problems. Our virtual office network allows you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see replies to common questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals that align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Work with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can work on Progent's team of desktop support technicians and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive value-based pricing structure, We have been able to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that have recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect credentials. We will market your talents, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. If you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective network support services for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in important areas outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites in Northern California, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you currently provide continuing support services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and strong references, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to explain proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our support work can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout Northern California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care program to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and we follow this credo in our own system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.