One of America's top network consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a wide variety of critical business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online network service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven expertise and field background in crucial IT areas outside Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent consultants qualified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business model that offers life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information concerning how Progent is unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Q&A
For replies to popular questions about being employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of service proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any job shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our team of desktop support technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for talented administrators able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and following a competitive results-based fee structure, We have been able to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in Northern California and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who have recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and successful network support services for businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in important areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive customer support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base for which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent people skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you should know how analyze projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom application tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from other network support companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding group of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system is a pivotal factor for enabling a company's growth, and we apply this credo in our corporate network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private maturity from being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.