Among the premiere network consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of vital software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding customers, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed us to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information concerning our work openings, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth knowledge and field background in crucial IT areas outside Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent contractors qualified by Progent cooperate with our full-time consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contracting work with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work model that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out more information concerning reasons Progent is different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network provides advanced technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to deal with challenging IT problems. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on providing service instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information concerning our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more details about our compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see answers to frequent enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals which tie our services with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to work on our staff of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong value-based pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your skills via interaction with our group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent will market your skills, but you must provide a baseline of credentials for us to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer support services for small businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in key technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully qualified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference locations throughout Northern California, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong background as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to whom you now provide ongoing support services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary application utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from most network support firms is the quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout Northern California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of consulting experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the package by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network can be a pivotal piece for enabling any company's success, and we apply this credo in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal growth by acting as part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.