One of America's top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts qualified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad range of key business applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative models for acquiring clients, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international presence for providing remote network service. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out More Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details about Progent's work openings, business culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology areas beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent consultants qualified by us cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to attract the top professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent business structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more details concerning how we are different by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of some current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key components of engagement propositions which associate Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our staff of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are hiring talented managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous companies in Northern California and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your skills via interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can market your talents, but you need to have standard credentials for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field background in important areas outside of Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly qualified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- Database support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference locations throughout Northern California, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You must show a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having a long work-related history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should be able analyze jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running specialized application tools to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from other consulting firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our consulting services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth from being part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.