Among America's premiere IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a broad range of vital business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to build an international presence for delivering online network service. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details About Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about our work opportunities, company culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; network consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven knowledge and working experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Our Experts Team employs contractors who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning contract jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information concerning how we are unique by going to How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network provides sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office network frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of some current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement proposals that associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any job listed above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network engineers with CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's staff of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and following a strong results-based pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our client list dramatically while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills via interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can broadcast your skills, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and effective network support expertise for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations in Northern California, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have strong people skills and be able to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to explain realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to know how scope out projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective experience of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across America. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network can be a crucial factor for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth by acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.