One of the top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide variety of key business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning our work openings, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven expertise and field background in crucial IT topics outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance consultants qualified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional information about contract opportunities with our Experts Team, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning how we are different by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment uses advanced technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office network allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of our available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial components of engagement proposals that associate our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any position shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client care, and following a strong results-based fee model, We have been able to increase our client list rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will expand your skills through interaction with our staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants who have recognized certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to provide standard certifications for us to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support services for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a talented consulting group and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- Database support and performance help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive client support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, client needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations in Northern California, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base for whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should be able analyze jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consultant by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary software utilities to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from other consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not ours. The best part is that much of our support work can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal maturity from being part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.