One of the premiere computer consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a wide variety of vital software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing support, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer service and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Information About Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information concerning our job opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and field background in important IT areas beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide advice and programming support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to find out additional information concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details concerning how we are exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle challenging network issues. Our virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make considerable money through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of our available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service proposals which associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class client services, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, We have managed to increase our client base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your skills through cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that have recognized certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will market your talents, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for companies in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas outside of our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites in Northern California, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base to which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical consulting companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site client work is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, however we are building a rapidly expanding group of network professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and personal maturity by acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.