One of America's premiere IT consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a broad range of vital software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote network support. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information about our job opportunities, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; system experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with specialized knowledge and working experience in important information technology topics beyond our main service focus. Our Experts Team employs contractors who offer advice and development support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about reasons we are exceptional by visiting How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with challenging IT problems. Our virtual office setting enables you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional information about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
For answers to popular questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of Progent's current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals that align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any position shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's team of desktop service technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants that have verifiable certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful network support services for businesses in Northern California and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in important technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a group of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, client requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites in Northern California, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You must have a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should be able to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you should be able scope out jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our business models for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our support services can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly growing team of network experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity from acting as part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.