Among America's premiere computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a wide range of key software applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and field experience in important IT topics beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer advice and programming support for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional details concerning freelance work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the best professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning how Progent is different by visiting How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network utilizes advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more details about Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For answers to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of our present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting propositions that align Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can join our team of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is seeking experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive client services, and offering a competitive value-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client base rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on providing network consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you should provide standard certifications for us to market. If you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided low-cost and effective network support services for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies beyond our core focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully qualified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project approval, client requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able analyze tasks, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from most consulting companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income with regular drives to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is located across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network can be a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.