Among America's top network consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts qualified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a broad range of vital business applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited IT technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn more details about Progent's work opportunities, business culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth expertise and working experience in high-demand IT topics beyond our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer advice and programming support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent consultants qualified by Progent cooperate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn more information about contract work with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business model that allows for life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details about how we are different by going to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging network problems. Our virtual office network frees consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional information about our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of our available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting proposals that associate our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our staff of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer list rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your skills through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have recognized certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you must provide standard credentials for us to work with. In case you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have provided low-cost and effective network consulting services for businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in important technologies outside of our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- Database support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base for whom you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have strong people skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you must be able scope out jobs, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from most consulting firms is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care program to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network is a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth by being a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.