Among America's premiere IT consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants qualified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a broad range of key software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent people skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn more information concerning our work openings, business culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system experts with Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have specialized knowledge and field background in important information technology topics outside Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and development support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent contractors qualified by us cooperate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more details about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, commitment to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about reasons we are exceptional by going to How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model provides sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to solve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office model enables you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information about our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant money by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of some present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals that tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to join our staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and offering a strong value-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer support to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to have basic certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in key technologies beyond our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will take care of the entire sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base for which you currently provide continuing support services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom software utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from other consulting firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is located across Northern California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.