Among the top network consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of key software areas and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build an international organization for providing online network expertise. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about our work openings, business culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with proven knowledge and hands-on experience in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our in-house professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Work at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information about ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment provides sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to deal with business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details about our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of our current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting propositions that tie our deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of help desk service technicians and remote support experts. Also, We are seeking experienced managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client services, and offering a strong results-based fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our client list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
For a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers will expand your skills via cooperation with our group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will promote your talents, but you must have basic certifications for us to market. In case you are strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in important technologies beyond our core focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the market. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive client care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites throughout Northern California, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active client base for whom you now provide continuing support services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You must be able to explain realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate jobs, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from most network support firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located across Northern California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own network environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience professional and private maturity from being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.