Among the premiere network consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of key business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish an international presence for delivering remote network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a drive for a customer service and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details concerning Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about staff consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven knowledge and hands-on background in important IT areas outside Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who can provide consulting and development services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional details concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work model that allows for life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that Progent is unique by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure allows consultants to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant income through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting proposals that associate Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a competitive value-based fee model, Progent has been able to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients will enhance your skills through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can broadcast your skills, but you must have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support services for small businesses in Northern California and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important areas outside of our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- Database support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in Northern California, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have strong people skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out projects, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running proprietary application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from other consulting firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting work can be done off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout Northern California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding group of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity by acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.