One of America's premiere computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a broad variety of key software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative models for attracting customers, providing service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote network expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and strong people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details concerning Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM accredited security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology areas outside our primary service focus. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors qualified by Progent cooperate with our full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more information concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Work with Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning how we are different by referring to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve challenging network problems. Our virtual office structure allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more information about our virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For replies to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of our available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of service propositions that tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any job shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to join our staff of help desk support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing model, We have managed to increase our client base rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will market your skills, but you should provide standard credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas beyond Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer care, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project approval, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base for which you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having an extensive work-related history and strong references, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out projects, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, using specialized software tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining our business models for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from other network support companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our support work can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located across California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of consulting experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system is a pivotal piece for enabling a company's success, and we follow this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private growth from being part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.