Among the top IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of vital business areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring clients, providing service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Details About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning Progent's work openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA accredited security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand information technology topics beyond our main service focus. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our in-house professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. In order to learn additional details concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Team, go to Contracting Work at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning how Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to handle challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details about our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Q&A.
The following is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions that tie our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on Progent's staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented managers who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and following a strong results-based fee model, Progent has been able to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will expand your skills via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that have recognized certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will market your talents, but you must have a baseline of certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful network support services for companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas outside of our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- Database management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our selling and operations staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in Northern California, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should be able analyze jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from typical network support firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the work properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of our consulting services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is published to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout Northern California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network can be a crucial piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we follow this credo in our own system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.