Among the top network consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants qualified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a wide range of key software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information about our work opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have proven expertise and hands-on background in crucial IT areas outside our main technical focus. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors qualified by Progent coordinate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. In order to find out more details concerning contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Jobs at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information concerning ways that we are exceptional by visiting How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes advanced technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to resolve challenging network issues. Our virtual office network enables you to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets you build successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For replies to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of our present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of service proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive client services, and offering a strong value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our customers will expand your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and computer help to small companies will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show recognized certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you must have basic certifications for us to market. In case you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key technologies beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should know how analyze tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our consulting work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network is a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal growth by being part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.