One of the premiere network consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants qualified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad range of critical business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding customers, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about our work openings, company culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas outside Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn more details about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, see Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work structure that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented consultants who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information about reasons we are different by visiting How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment provides sophisticated technical tools that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to resolve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office setting allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Q&A.
The following is a list of some present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of consulting proposals that associate our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any position shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can work on our team of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and following a strong results-based fee model, We have managed to increase our client list dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you need to have standard credentials for Progent to market. If you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer support services for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in important technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly qualified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration teams will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base to which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent people skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to explain proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary application utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our support services can be performed off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for enabling any company's growth, and we follow this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from being a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.