Among America's top computer consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants qualified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a wide range of key software areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build an international presence for delivering online network service. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized expertise and field background in high-demand IT areas beyond our main service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to attract the best professional talent by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work model that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional details about reasons we are different by visiting How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technical tools that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to solve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office environment frees consultants to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions which tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any position listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have CCIE certification; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to join our team of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show recognized credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have provided low-cost and successful network consulting services for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations groups will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in Northern California, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base to whom you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you have to be able scope out jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using custom software utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from other network support companies is the quality of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however we are building a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling a firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our corporate network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity by acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.