Among America's premiere IT consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad variety of key software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology areas outside Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To find out additional details concerning contract work with our Experts Team, go to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information concerning how we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to solve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office model frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps you build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement proposals that tie Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any position listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to work on our staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a competitive value-focused pricing model, We have been able to increase our customer base rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills through cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you need to provide basic certifications for us to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have provided low-cost and successful network support expertise for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong staff and dramatically grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important areas outside of our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from lead identification, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations throughout Northern California, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to know how scope out jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, running specialized software tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from most network support firms is the quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our support services can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout Northern California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of network professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t have strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for enabling any company's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth from being a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.