Among the top computer consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a broad range of vital business areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding customers, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online network expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn more details concerning our job openings, company philosophy, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; connectivity consultants who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in crucial information technology topics outside our main service concentration. Our Experts Team hires contractors who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. To learn more information concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning how we are unique by referring to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office model frees you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants build lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For answers to common questions about being employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of our available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of engagement propositions that align Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a strong value-based fee model, Progent has managed to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you need to have basic credentials for us to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer support services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from lead generation, project qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have an active customer base for which you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you must know how evaluate projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using custom software utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The best part is that much of our support work can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client needs via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is situated across
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'
Subscript out of range: 'RndRange(...)'
/header-subr.asp, line 2227