One of America's premiere IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a wide range of critical software applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer service and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details concerning our job opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and working background in crucial IT topics outside our main service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming support for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors qualified by Progent coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out more details concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work structure that offers quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information about how we are exceptional by going to Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income by hard work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see answers to frequent enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of consulting propositions which associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced administrators who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our customer list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous companies in Northern California and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your skills via cooperation with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering network expertise and technical support to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will market your talents, but you must provide basic credentials for us to work with. If you are strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful network support services for companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have strong communications skills and know how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should be able evaluate jobs, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized application tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that separates us from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located across Northern California, however we are building a quickly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and personal growth from acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and freedom.