Among the premiere network consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a wide variety of vital software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering support, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote IT support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; connectivity consultants with CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology areas beyond Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and development support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to find out additional information concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work structure that accommodates life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about how Progent is different by visiting Reasons That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment uses sophisticated technologies that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical network issues. Our virtual office model frees you to focus on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more details concerning our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
For answers to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of engagement propositions which tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to work on our team of helpdesk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers able to perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and following a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show recognized certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent can promote your talents, but you should have basic credentials for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important technologies beyond our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You need to show a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you now provide continuing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having a long work-related history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent people skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must know how to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should know how scope out projects, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from other network support firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top talent across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated across Northern California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding group of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a crucial piece for enabling any company's growth, and we apply this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.