Among the premiere network consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide variety of vital software areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish an international organization for providing remote IT support. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information about Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA accredited security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details about staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and field background in high-demand information technology topics beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Team hires contractors who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small company networks. To learn more details about contract work with Progent's Experts Team, go to Freelance Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning how we are exceptional by referring to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment provides sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office structure allows you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details about our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of some available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key components of engagement proposals that align Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco certification; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our team of helpdesk support specialists and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is looking for talented managers able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and offering a strong value-based fee model, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will market your skills, but you need to provide basic credentials for Progent to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and effective network consulting services for small businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time generating money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base for whom you now provide continuing support services.
- You should show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you need to be able scope out projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using custom application tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from other consulting firms is the quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting work can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network can be a crucial piece for accelerating any company's success, and we apply this belief in our own network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.