Among America's top network consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide variety of key software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, providing service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn more information about Progent's job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISA accredited security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers able to perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information about full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and hands-on background in crucial information technology topics outside our primary service focus. Our Experts Team employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional information concerning contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus an independent work structure that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more details concerning ways that we are different by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network uses sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to deal with business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office model frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more details concerning our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income by hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to frequent enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of some current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small organizations to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service propositions that associate Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our staff of desktop service specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and following a strong results-focused pricing model, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can broadcast your skills, but you should provide standard certifications for us to market. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful network consulting services for small businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong staff and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly qualified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites in Northern California, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to be able evaluate projects, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from most consulting firms is the quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site client work is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our support work can be done remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current engineer availability is published to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network is a crucial piece for enabling any company's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate system environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal growth from acting as a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.