One of America's top network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide range of vital business areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about Progent's work openings, company philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; system experts who have Cisco credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in important IT topics outside Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group hires contractors who can provide advice and programming services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that allows for life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information about ways that Progent is unique by visiting Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to handle challenging network issues. Our virtual office network allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more details about our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of some present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions which tie Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive client services, and following a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
For a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge via interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have offered affordable and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in important areas outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly qualified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference locations throughout Northern California, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active client base for whom you now provide continuing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have strong people skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary software tools to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting firms is the quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote support only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located across Northern California, however we are building a quickly growing team of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care program to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. We recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like working with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for enabling a firm's success, and we follow this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private maturity from being part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.