One of the top computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a wide range of critical business areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting clients, providing support, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build an international organization for providing remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out more details concerning our job openings, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; system consultants who have CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more information concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information concerning reasons we are unique by visiting How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that support remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office environment enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more information about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see answers to frequent enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of our current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of service propositions which align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any opening shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is looking for talented administrators able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client base rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills via cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that have recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you must provide basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support services for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to which you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out projects, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary application tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and retaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other key application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our support work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of consulting experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit program to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's growth, and we apply this credo in our own network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and private maturity from being a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.