One of the top computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service experts who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad range of key software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online network assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about Progent's job openings, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information about staff consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with specialized knowledge and working experience in important IT areas beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and development services for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants qualified by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. To learn more details concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information about reasons Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technologies that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to resolve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of our available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of service propositions which associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any job listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on our team of help desk support specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and following a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who have recognized certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will promote your talents, but you should have a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have offered affordable and effective computer support expertise for businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small companies. We are always expanding our Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, client needs definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for which you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate jobs, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top talent covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of our support services can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding team of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and we apply this belief in our own network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.