One of America's premiere IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad range of vital business applications and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish an international presence for delivering remote network assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; network experts who have CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA certified security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details about staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in important IT areas outside Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional information concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent business structure that allows for life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details about how Progent is different by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technologies that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details about our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Q&A.
Below is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of engagement propositions which associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
More information on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can join our staff of help desk support technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, We have managed to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in Northern California and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants who have verifiable credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you need to provide basic certifications for Progent to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support expertise for businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in important technologies beyond Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive client support, and following a proven, value-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from lead identification, project approval, client needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites throughout Northern California, plus data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using custom software tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across Northern California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not have strong communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network is a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth by acting as part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.