One of the top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a wide range of key software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to become among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish an international organization for delivering remote network assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details about our work openings, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and working background in high-demand information technology areas outside Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance consultants qualified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To learn additional details about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, go to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work model that offers quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more details about reasons Progent is unique by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network uses advanced technologies that support remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to resolve challenging network problems. Our virtual office network frees you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly determined by what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent questions about being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions which tie Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to join Progent's staff of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our client base dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and technical support to small organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. We can broadcast your talents, but you must have a baseline of certifications for us to market. If you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer professionals have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive customer support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base for whom you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related history and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You should know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must know how scope out tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running custom software tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from other network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and effectively to client needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is situated across Northern California, but we are building a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care program to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for enabling a company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.