One of the premiere computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a broad variety of critical software applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information about Progent's work opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; system experts who have Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven expertise and field experience in important IT areas outside our main service focus. Our Experts Group hires contractors who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with our staff professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional information about contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information about reasons Progent is different by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office environment enables consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly determined by what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out more details about our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key components of service propositions which align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to join our staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and following a competitive results-based fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who have recognized credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for companies in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented staff and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by us to work closely with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have an active client base to which you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should be able to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you need to know how scope out jobs, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, using proprietary software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other network support companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site customer work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth from acting as part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.