Among America's top computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge in a broad range of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled us to be among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing online IT expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with a focus on a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's job openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; system consultants who have CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information about staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and working background in high-demand information technology areas outside our main service focus. Our Experts Group includes contractors who offer advice and development services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to find out more details about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work model that accommodates life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about reasons Progent is different by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve challenging network issues. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details about Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money by hard work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Employment at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of engagement proposals which associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any position shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to join our staff of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring experienced managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and following a strong results-based pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you need to provide basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you are strongly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful network support expertise for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas beyond our core focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- Database support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout Northern California, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have an active customer base to which you now provide continuing support activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized application tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top talent across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout Northern California, but we are building a quickly growing team of network experts from across America. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we follow this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private maturity from being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.