Among the top IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad range of critical software applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative models for finding clients, providing service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build an international presence for delivering online network expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information concerning Progent's work openings, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have proven expertise and working background in crucial information technology topics outside our main technical focus. Our Experts Group hires contractors who offer consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors qualified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. To learn additional information about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that we are exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment provides advanced technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office network allows consultants to focus on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information concerning our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent Q&A.
This is a description of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of engagement propositions which tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can work on Progent's team of help desk service specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and following a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
For a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you need to provide standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have provided affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active client base to which you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to explain proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how analyze projects, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consultant by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom software tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from ordinary network support firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting work can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly growing group of consulting professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network is a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's success, and we apply this belief in our own network environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal growth from acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.