One of America's top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a wide range of vital software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering online network assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details concerning our work openings, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM certified security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand information technology topics outside Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who offer consulting and programming support for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with our full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more information concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contracting Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have been able to attract the top professional experts by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work model that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more details about ways that Progent is different by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes advanced technologies that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle challenging IT problems. Our virtual office environment enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable money by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
To see replies to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of our current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement propositions that align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's team of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for talented administrators who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to provide basic credentials for us to market. In case you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective network consulting services for companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in important areas beyond our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, value-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites throughout Northern California, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active client base to whom you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must know how analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from other consulting firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to client needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling a company's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.