One of the top computer consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a broad range of vital software applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, delivering service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about Progent's job openings, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; connectivity experts with CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISM or CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and working experience in crucial IT areas beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent consultants qualified by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. To learn additional information about contract jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about how Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network provides sophisticated technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office network enables consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more information concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent questions about becoming employed by Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a list of our current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of service proposals that associate Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a strong value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to increase our customer list rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can enhance your skills through interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect credentials. We will market your skills, but you need to provide standard certifications for us to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and successful network consulting services for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key areas beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout Northern California, as well as data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to which you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should know how to communicate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you should be able analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using custom software utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from other consulting firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support services can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout Northern California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t have strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a crucial factor for enabling a firm's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.