One of America's premiere IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts qualified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad variety of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding clients, providing service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for delivering online network support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Learn More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with in-depth expertise and working experience in high-demand IT topics beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional information concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information concerning ways that Progent is unique by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment incorporates advanced technologies that enable remote support, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to solve challenging network issues. Our virtual office model allows you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets you build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details about our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to popular questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's team of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client care, and following a strong value-based fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our client base rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills via interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show recognized credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will market your talents, but you must have standard credentials for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support expertise for businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer support professionals who have advanced skills and field background in important technologies beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, value-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have an active client base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how analyze tasks, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom application utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from other consulting companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective skills of our team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout Northern California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity from being part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.