Among the premiere computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a wide variety of key software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Innovative models for finding clients, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote IT support. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more information about our work opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity experts with CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM accredited security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and working experience in high-demand information technology topics beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent consultants qualified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn more information about contract opportunities with our Experts Team, see Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional details about how we are exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting enables you to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and helps you build successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely based on what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more details about our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For replies to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of our current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals which associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to work on Progent's staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client services, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who have recognized certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful network support expertise for companies in Northern California and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field background in key technologies outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations in Northern California, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and possess current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You must be able to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must be able evaluate projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, running specialized application utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from other consulting companies is the quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital application, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout Northern California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of network experts from across America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we follow this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private growth from being part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.