One of the premiere computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad variety of key business areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for finding clients, providing service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details about Progent's work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; network experts who have Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven knowledge and working background in crucial IT topics beyond our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors qualified by us coordinate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional details about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business model that allows for life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more details about how we are exceptional by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network uses sophisticated technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office environment frees consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information about our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see answers to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of service propositions that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to work on Progent's team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and following a strong results-based fee structure, We have been able to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our customers can enhance your skills via interaction with our group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and technical support to small organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. We can market your talents, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support expertise for companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer support professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- Database management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout Northern California, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related history and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to explain realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using custom application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our operational models for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The best part is that much of our support services can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling a company's growth, and we apply this belief in our own network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.