Among the premiere computer consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a wide variety of key software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing service, creating a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details about our work openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have specialized knowledge and working background in crucial information technology topics beyond our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional information concerning contract jobs with our Experts Team, see Freelance Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by going to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office setting allows you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For answers to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of engagement propositions which align Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for talented administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who have verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will market your skills, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and effective network consulting services for businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and following a proven, value-oriented billing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations throughout Northern California, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to which you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must be able scope out projects, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing team of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the package by providing a full employee care program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and we apply this belief in our own network environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal growth from acting as a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.