One of America's top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide variety of vital software applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing service, establishing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing online network assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional details about our work openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network experts with CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISM accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in high-demand information technology topics beyond our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer advice and development support for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance consultants qualified by Progent cooperate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To learn additional details about contracting jobs with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that we are exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and lets you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of engagement proposals which associate our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any opening shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to join our team of desktop service technicians and remote support experts. Also, We are looking for talented administrators who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and following a competitive results-focused pricing model, We have been able to increase our client list dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering network expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will market your skills, but you need to provide standard certifications for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer support services for businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer support professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in important areas beyond Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully qualified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, client needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites in Northern California, plus data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base for which you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you need to know how evaluate projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using specialized software utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income because of daily drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client needs through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across Northern California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you don’t have strong people skills or like working with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private maturity by acting as part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.