One of America's top computer consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad range of critical software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled us to be one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details concerning our job opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; network consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISA certified security engineers. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology areas beyond our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who can provide consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent consultants qualified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Different
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business structure that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information about how we are different by referring to Ways That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office network enables you to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and lets you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
For answers to popular questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of our current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of consulting propositions that align Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any position shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants with CCIE certification; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our staff of help desk support technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and offering a competitive value-based pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our client list dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you must have a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you are adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong staff and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in key technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from lead generation, project qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have strong people skills and be able to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze tasks, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout Northern California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding group of consulting experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating any company's success, and Progent applies this credo in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private maturity from being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.