Among America's top network consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants qualified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a broad variety of critical software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing online network support. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and strong people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out more information about Progent's work openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; system experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have specialized knowledge and working background in crucial IT topics beyond our main service focus. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent consultants qualified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional details concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent business structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by visiting How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates advanced technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office model enables you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common questions about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of service propositions that associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our client base rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers expect certifications. We can promote your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for us to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important areas outside of our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully qualified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able scope out tasks, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, using specialized software tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, but we are building a quickly expanding team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network can be a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity by being a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.