One of America's top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide variety of vital software applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to be one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details about Progent's job openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and working background in important information technology areas beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming support for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional details concerning contract work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible business model that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by going to How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model provides sophisticated technical tools that support off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to solve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office model allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service proposals that align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any opening listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco certification; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, We are looking for experienced managers able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong value-based pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our client base rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on providing network expertise and technical help to small companies will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. We can market your talents, but you should have standard certifications for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful network support services for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas beyond Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites in Northern California, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements to join:
- You must show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must know how to explain realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how analyze tasks, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is located across Northern California, but we are attracting a quickly growing group of network experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system can be a crucial factor for enabling a company's success, and we follow this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity by being part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.