One of America's top IT consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a wide range of key software applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 online training
Creative models for finding clients, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build an international organization for providing remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information concerning our job opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with proven knowledge and field background in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Group employs independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance consultants qualified by us coordinate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn more details concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information about reasons Progent is unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office environment enables you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants build successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus many other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any position shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our team of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can expand your skills via interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and technical support to small organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that have recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you are adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and effective network support services for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong staff and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important technologies outside of our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout Northern California, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized software tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from other network support companies is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer needs via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and personal maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.