Among America's premiere computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of vital software applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing support, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build an international presence for providing online network support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out more information concerning our work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with specialized knowledge and working background in crucial information technology areas beyond our main service concentration. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors qualified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. To find out additional details about contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business model that offers life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that Progent is different by going to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to deal with challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see replies to common enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement proposals which associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on Progent's team of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and following a strong value-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who can show recognized certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect credentials. We will promote your skills, but you should have basic credentials for us to market. In case you stand adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered low-cost and successful network support services for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations throughout Northern California, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active client base to whom you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing a long work-related record and strong references, and have current manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and be able to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should know how to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by building strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private maturity from being part of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.