One of the premiere computer consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide range of key software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish an international presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details about our work opportunities, business culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial information technology areas beyond Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming support for mission-critical applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. If you want to learn additional information about contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that offers life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning how Progent is different by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to solve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office setting allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common questions about being a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of some present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key components of engagement proposals which associate our services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified network engineers with CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees to work on our team of desktop support technicians and remote support experts. Also, Progent is seeking experienced administrators able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can broadcast your skills, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have offered affordable and effective network consulting services for businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully qualified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive client support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job approval, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects and/or have your own active client base to whom you now provide continuing support activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to explain realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to know how evaluate projects, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized software utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from most network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support work can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across Northern California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit program to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like working with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented information system is a crucial piece for enabling any company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our own network environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity by acting as part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.