Among the top computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts qualified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a wide range of critical software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing online network assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details about Progent's job openings, company culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network experts who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about staff professional services positions at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in crucial IT topics beyond Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors qualified by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out more information about freelance work with our Experts Team, visit Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details concerning reasons we are different by referring to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network provides sophisticated technologies that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office setting allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets you build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information concerning our virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of our available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting proposals which tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
More information on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's team of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking talented administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-based fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and computer help to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you must provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized computer support engineers who have advanced skills and work background in important areas beyond Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and following a strong, value-focused billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the last few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from lead identification, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites in Northern California, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have an active client base for which you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should know how to articulate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must know how evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that separates us from typical network support companies is the quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support services can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is located across California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network can be a crucial factor for enabling any firm's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal growth by being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.