Among America's premiere computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a wide variety of critical software applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing service, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to be one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote network support. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details concerning our work opportunities, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven knowledge and field background in important information technology topics beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and programming support for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to learn additional information about contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more information about how we are exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network uses sophisticated technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and helps you build successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For replies to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service proposals that tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any position listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to join our staff of desktop service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring talented managers who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive value-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to expand our customer list dramatically while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show recognized credentials in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for us to market. If you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and successful network support services for businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in key technologies beyond our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database management and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites throughout Northern California, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects or you must have an active customer base for whom you now deliver ongoing support activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you should know how scope out jobs, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running custom software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from other network support companies is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to streamline team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across Northern California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations groups match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from career and private growth from acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.