Among the top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants qualified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a broad variety of key business applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Creative structures for finding clients, delivering service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build an international organization for providing remote IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details concerning Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven expertise and hands-on background in crucial information technology topics beyond our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group employs contractors who offer advice and development services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work structure that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information about reasons we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network problems. Our virtual office setting frees consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus many other benefits. Find out more details about our compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions which tie our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to work on our staff of help desk support specialists and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our client base rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small organizations will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients expect credentials. We can market your talents, but you need to have standard certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for Qualified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have provided affordable and effective computer consulting services for companies in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly qualified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small companies. We are always expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration teams will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of Northern California's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have an active client base to which you currently provide continuing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you must know how scope out projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized application utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary network support companies is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our support work can be performed remotely, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across Northern California, but Progent is building a quickly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t have excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own system environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and private growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.