Among America's premiere IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts qualified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a wide range of critical software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for acquiring clients, providing service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build an international presence for delivering online network service. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information about our job opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more details concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contracting Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented consultants who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information concerning reasons Progent is unique by referring to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network provides advanced technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to deal with challenging network issues. Our virtual office model frees consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn considerable money through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of service propositions which tie Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's staff of help desk support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and following a strong results-focused pricing model, We have been able to increase our client list dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on providing information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who have verifiable certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will market your skills, but you must provide standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key technologies beyond our core focus in network support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer care, and following a proven, value-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites throughout Northern California, and data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of Northern California's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active client base for which you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to communicate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you must know how analyze projects, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our business models for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across Northern California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít offer excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate system environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.