Among America's premiere network consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a broad range of critical software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for acquiring customers, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information concerning our job opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and field experience in crucial information technology areas outside Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. To learn more information about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that allows for life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons we are unique by going to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment utilizes advanced technical tools that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office network frees you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and helps you establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals which align Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals to join our team of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can market your skills, but you need to have standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have provided affordable and effective network support services for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully qualified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you currently deliver continuing consulting services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to explain proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out projects, create task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using custom software utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity from acting as part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.