Among the premiere network consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants qualified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a wide range of key software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for acquiring clients, providing support, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build an international presence for providing remote network service. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information about Progent's job opportunities, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial IT areas beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent consultants qualified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. To find out additional details about contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to attract the best professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details about ways that we are unique by visiting How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technical tools that support remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Our virtual office setting allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets you build lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more details about Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of some available job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of service propositions that tie our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's team of help desk support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong value-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can expand your skills via cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can market your skills, but you must have a baseline of certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for Qualified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have offered affordable and successful network support expertise for businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of expert computer support professionals who have advanced skills and work background in key areas outside of our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully qualified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- Database management and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco qualified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active client base to which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong people skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you need to know how analyze jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using custom software tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout Northern California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial factor for accelerating any company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal growth by being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.