One of America's top IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide variety of vital business applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative models for finding customers, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing online IT expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details concerning our job openings, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network experts with Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with proven expertise and field background in important information technology areas beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. If you want to find out more details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more details concerning how Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income by persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to popular questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
The following is a description of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - San Francisco Bay Area, Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial components of service proposals that tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network engineers with CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge through interaction with our group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who have recognized credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. We can broadcast your skills, but you need to provide standard credentials for us to work with. If you are adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for Certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have offered affordable and effective network consulting expertise for small businesses in Northern California and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer care, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations in Northern California, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of Northern California's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active client base for whom you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how scope out tasks, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting companies is the quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key application, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout Northern California, however we are building a quickly growing group of network experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and private growth by being a member of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.