Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Advantages of Joining Progent
Progent is a progressive network consulting and IT outsourcing firm based in San Jose, CA, in the middle of Silicon Valley. Effective models for customer acquisition, support delivery, network environment, and employee benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and most respected Microsoft Partners in the United States. Our shared support information base and collaborative approach to problem resolution has allowed Progent to retain a strong staff and a loyal international client base.
If you have experience providing desktop technical support and live in the Stockton area, teaming with Progent and supporting Progent's customers will expand your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of collaborative, high-output consultants. Progent's concentration on offering computer expertise and network support to small and mid-size companies will give you the chance to operate closely with top executives and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies. In addition, Progent's virtual office infrastructure provides state-of-the-art tools for remote access and wireless communications to help you to deliver fast solutions when you help with mission-critical tasks.
Desktop Support Specialist
Work from home, virtual office infrastructure.
Required Areas of Expertise
- Exchange-based Outlook email client
- Microsoft operating systems and applications, PC desktop, laptop and peripheral setup, remote connectivity for users
- Setup and validate Virtual Private Network (VPN) configurations
- Basic network management, including user maintenance
- Maintain, analyze and troubleshoot issues with all versions of Microsoft Windows-powered PC and notebook computers and others as needed.
- Work with computer users in assisting to identify and fix application and operating system problems that impact user productivity
- Deploy, integrate and verify a range of software programs on user workstations
- Work on-site to diagnose and remediate both urgent and persistent issues that impact the reliability, protection, speed, accessibility, and overall capability of desktops, notebooks, printers and other end user equipment
- Deploy new end-user hardware and help with other installations, updates, and swaps of workstations, notebooks and related equipment
- Provide the timely diagnosis and remediation of workstations and notebooks and related equipment
- Stay up-to-date with an expert knowledge of PC and laptop computing applications and use of WAN infrastructure including the Internet
Minimum Professional Experience Requirements
- Three years experience in desktop PC admin new software setup, computer and peripheral integration, trouble analysis and resolution)
- Strong computer debugging and problem isolation ability, talent to install short-term patches to solve network problems and escalate support when required
- In-depth background providing software help to small companies for all Microsoft Windows operating systems, Office Suite, and Office 365 programs such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent speaking and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to facilitating continuous operations
- Work without supervision and display distinct quality of responsibility and drive
If you want to look further into this job, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to specify the job number of the position that interests you.
Return to the main Jobs page.
Progent Corporation. All rights reserved.
An index of content::
BlackBerry Professional Software Service Provider BlackBerry Professional Software IT Specialists Boston
Brisbane On-site and Remote Support Bay Area Consulting Companies
Cisco IT Specialist Technical Support Organizations for Cisco in Dallas-Fort-Worth, TX
Cisco Network Services Cisco Small Business IT Outsourcing Firms
Cisco Remote Technical Support Computer Support Consultants for Cisco in Duval County Florida
Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, Akron, Dayton Consultancy Services Group Ohio IT Service
Concord Small Business Computer Consulting Company Network Consulting Experts in Northern California
Consultant Services Technology Consulting Company for Windows Server 2012 in Atlanta, GA
Contract Job Full-Time Jobs for Microsoft MCDBA Remote Support Montgomery County, Alabama
Cybersecurity Tech Services for Computer Security Security Auditor
Database Administration Engineer RDBMS On-site Support
Denver, CO Small Office IT Consulting Services Denver, Colorado Computer Network Support Companies
Desktop Consultant Telecommuting Job in Tracy CA IT Consulting Pittsburgh International Airport PIT
Durham, North Carolina Consultancies Durham Online Support Services
Exchange Server 2007 Outsourcing Services Small Business IT Consulting Firms Corpus Christi, South Texas
Firewall Cybersecurity Tech Services Cybersecurity Contractor for CISSP California
Help Desk Consulting Subcontractor San Joaquin County Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Support Firm
Hyper-V 2016 Shielded VMs Support Global Hyper-V 2016 Migration Consulting
IT Outsourcing Remote Support Small Business Network Computer Consulting Group in Elizabeth, NJ
Information Systems Firms for Microsoft Windows Microsoft Windows Upgrading
Information Technology Consultants for Cisco Cisco Consulting Services Company in Maryland
Microsoft MCP Support Work At Home Job San Joaquin County BlackBerry Synchronization Networking Help in Colorado Springs, CO
Microsoft Windows Network Management Phone Support Services for IT Outsourcing Leon County Florida
Migration Consulting San Diego, CA Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Small Business IT Consulting
Network Setup Sunnyvale Consulting Companies California
Online Support Services for Windows Server 2016 Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Setup Service San Jose - Sana Clara
Problem Resolution for Exchange Server 2016 Exchange Server 2010 Computer Consultancy Firms
SQL Server 2000 Migration Consulting SQL Server 2005 Technical Support
San Antonio Security Consultant San Antonio IT Consultants
Security Consultant Security Intrusion Detection Miami
Slackware Linux, Solaris, UNIX Computer Consultants Los Angeles, Downtown Integration Services
Slackware Linux, Solaris, UNIX Professional Slackware Linux, Sun Solaris, UNIX Technical Support in Orlando
Small Business Network Small Office IT Support Microsoft Computer Network Consulting Firm
Specialists for macOS Remote Small Office Computer Consulting for Mac
Support and Setup Solaris On-site Support Hartford, Bridgeport Connecticut
Virtual Office Job in Tracy CA Support Outsourcing Long Beach Southern California
Windows Server 2016 Network Consulting Firms Consulting Services Las Vegas Nevada